C'mon 2014

Wednesday, January 1, 2014


So anyway, 2013 is finally over. And don't get me wrong, Ruthie was born and Scott graduated from college, and those were good things, but I'd be dishonest if I said OMGbestyearevah. So I'm just gonna roll the dice and cross my fingers and pray really hard that 2014 will bring with it my modest dreams and that I can find a little more contentment and patience and hope and stability. 

Did you hear that, 2014? S.T.A.B.I.L.I.T.Y.

The house that our little family was living in sold within 48 hours of being on the market which has left us moving backwards to the same city we had just left and now we are in Scott's parents basement. It's temporary and it's been a bit hard on the old ego, but my mother-in-law cleans the kitchen before I can blink and my father-in-law makes really good fried chicken at 10 o'clock at night.

So while I'm trying to not loose my sanity and stay grateful and positive, I read the book The Eternal Journey that was highly recommended by my sister-in-law Heather. It's all about the similarities between years of recorded near death experiences and I liked the research-y feel to it. It's good for perspective. It's good to remember that it doesn't matter that my baby is sleeping in a laundry room as long as I show her how much I love her. And in the end, it doesn't matter that my two year old has regressed in potty training as long as I am patient and kind to her.

So while I'm honestly doing my very best to live in the moment and be grateful for what I have, I am also itching for 2014 to get kicked into gear.

(If you follow me on any other social media site, you're sick of seeing this picture of Ruthie. But I'm obsessed with it for obvious reasons). 

1 comment:

I like to hear all of the beautiful things you have to say.