Made it Monday: Rachel's Circus Baby Shower

Monday, September 3, 2012

Last week, I threw a small shower for my sweet friend, Rachel who is expecting a baby boy any day now! It was small (just 5 of us) but it was fun :)

With the help of my 16 year old brother, we made a circus tent in my living room. You read that right. What 16 year old brother spends the day helping his older sister decorate for a baby shower? Mine.

 I feel like, even though these photos are awesome- it still looked so cool in person. Like, you had to be there.

My brother loved the tent, but my favorite part were the customized onesies. Just another perk of living down the street from your in-laws screen printing business. But seriously, I was really grateful they were able to get these to me in the time they did- they really had a huge effect. You may be seeing them up in Little Treetops shop soon ;) Except for the middle one. If you read it closely, the top says "Strider" which is Rachel's little one's name.


For the food, I had cupcakes, a hot dog bar, and popcorn. I also had cinnamon bears in place of where the peanuts are- but I thought peanuts were cute too.





You can find the cute printables I used here
 Ever since Scott got this popcorn popper as a birthday gift last year, I have been dying to celebrate something with a circus theme! This was the perfect occasion


I spent too much money on these lids to not use them at every party I have. But I love the effect every time. I wrapped tickets around the cake stand holding my barrel water dispenser full of lemonade.




We spent most of our time snacking and enjoying the company. I did not plan any games, but because Rachel is crafty, I plopped out a tray of supplies and declared that we could all make little bow ties for Strider. They all turned out adorable, and I think that Rachel sincerely liked making them- so phew!


So that's that. Thanks for looking! And don't forget to take favor on your way out ;)


10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh....so stinkin cute!!! love love love themed parties!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is incredible! You should start a party-throwing business. I'd hire you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously even cuter in person...and Kade is the best brother ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. are you friggin' kidding me?! amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In am amazed @ your talent, @ least you should write a book! And Kade is a great guy, I guess its the T gene!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ADORABLE decorations. You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a precious baby shower! I am going to be hosting one in October. I am going to be serving brunch - do you think anyone would mind hot dogs and peanuts for brunch?! This is just too cute! Life to the full, Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome you and your little brother done a great work and this is shown from these pics means it was great decoration.You are having a nice brother.
    Pooh Baby Shower

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3:29 PM

    This is so great! I'm planning a circus baby shower for a friend next weekend. If only I could get some onesies like that!

    ReplyDelete

I like to hear all of the beautiful things you have to say.