Seeker of Decent Customer Service

Thursday, January 9, 2014


It's a short story really. 
We wanted to go see a movie on New Years Day. We went out to brunch with family and then headed to the theater for the first showing of Walking With Dinosaurs. We arrived to the ticket office 10 minutes before the showtime. But when we went to buy the tickets, the man behind the glass said "here's the deeeeal..." 

Apparently, a group of people showed up for the movie we wanted to see 45 MINUTES EARLY. Their proagative, right? Then, they DEMANDED that the theater START the show early because they were there. And THEN, the theater DID JUST THAT. 

So when we arrived on time with our kids in tow, we were told that the movie was actually already 25 minutes in but don't worry you can just pay for one ticket if you want. 

There are so many things wrong with this. So many. The least of which is that they wanted us to pay ANY money at all to see about half a movie. And what kind of manager says "ok horrible group of people who are here early, I'll just give into your demands" 

AND WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE DEMAND THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE?

Selfish people. People who have no thought of the families that would show up on time and be told they will have to come back in a few hours. Part of me wanted to pay the money just so I could go in and interrupt their stupid movie and do sign language for shame on you in each of their stupid faces. 

I didn't. I asked for complimentary tickets to the next show. They said I could have $4 off and I laughed. Then they gave us complimentary tickets to the next show.

And you know what? It wasn't the greatest movie. 

3 comments:

  1. UUUUUGGGGHHHH.
    I can't tell you how many times I had crap like this in the store.
    "I need to return this because when I pulled it out of the washing machine it was discolored."
    "The tag says hand wash, hang dry, I'm sorry but I can't return it..."
    "I DEMAND MY MONEY BACK."
    And they really thought that would work! People can be so illogical. Sometimes they really think that they are always right and people in service industries have to give them everything they want. It's completely ludicrous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo weird! People are sooo strange. Why do these bizarre things happen to you...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't understand with people like this, you know... so strange

    https://www.cekaja.com/info/merk-ac-portable-terbaik

    ReplyDelete

I like to hear all of the beautiful things you have to say.