To Scott

Sunday, June 17, 2012


Remember when we first brought Georgia home, and you pretty much hid for 2 weeks? I remember wondering where you were and what you were doing. Later, I found out that you were a.) kind of hiding from the new little being taking up all of your sleep and b.) working extra hard because you loved that little being so much and you wanted to be sure we had a enough money to keep her clean and fed and clothed.
I get that. I'm also really happy that "a" has gone away and that you don't mind your daughter seeking you out and begging for your attention.
Even though it's hard sometimes, we understand that you are working really hard for US. For her. We love you for it! What would we do without all of your hard work? Starve, probably. 
I feel so lucky to have you be the father of my kids. I mean, really. Just look at the way Georgia smiles at you, gives you kisses without you begging her to. You may not shout from the rooftops how much you love being her dad. You may not update your facebook status over every mile stone, or pull out pictures to show to strangers. But you sing her slow Weezer lullabies to put her to sleep. You get up with her in the morning sometimes and let her climb all over you. You hold her on your lap at work and you try desperately to make her laugh. You take a 2 hour lunch break because Georgia is sick and she's abnormally cuddly and you want to soak in every second of it. You let her kick off her shoes and take out her bow that I have been trying to keep on all day because you want her to be as comfortable as possible. You have one specific smile for when people say she looks like you.
You have always had a quiet way of showing love, but we can feel it. 
And we hope you feel it back, everyday. 

1 comment:

  1. I just had a little bit of a sappy heart-attack.
    And Scott, will you be my daddy?

    ReplyDelete

I like to hear all of the beautiful things you have to say.