Weekend

Sunday, May 12, 2013


For Mother's Day weekend, I did a few simple things that made me feel like I was on vacation. I have found that it doesn't take as much as it used to to help me relax.
Saturday was spent at Kneaders getting free french toast, and then Costco for samples* and to pick up some flowers for my mother-in-law. Scott insisted I get some flowers too, but I spotted World War Z by Max Brooks for the same price and opted for that instead.**
We took Georgia home for a nap at which point I declared I would be going shopping BY MYSELF for a gray maxi skirt. The skirt was a bust, but the silence and stress free atmosphere of a dressing room with no toddler was like being in a freaking spa.
Later, we met up with Scott's family at Memorial Grove Park and ate donuts and fried chicken and pineapple and strawberries. It was about 80 degrees and everything was pretty much perfect.
Today, I got to sleep in and was scolded for coming out of my room too soon and then promptly brought breakfast in bed. I ate it with two hands and no Georgia on top of me.
On top of sleep and eating uninterrupted  I also was able to have some time to myself and only had an audience one time while I peed.
After church and a nice nap, we went up to Millcreek canyon where we ate tuna sandwiches and applesauce and enjoyed the smell of outside. It was almost like Washington. Almost.

Scott's gift to me was all of the above, AND he detailed our car. I cannot tell you how happy a clean clean car makes me. I just keep looking at it. I know he put a lot of work into it and I'm so grateful. Georgia's gift to me was sitting perfectly still snuggled under my arm during the Babies documentary (one of our all-time faves) and going to sleep in her new toddler bed with zero tears shed.
I also haven't felt Miss Unborn Baby all up in my ribs today, and I would like to think that it was her way of wishing me a Happy Mother's Day.

All in all, it was a lovely weekend.

*The Mother's Day samples were two thumbs down, by the way. For Father's Day, it's all steak and potato samples. Moms got french green beans and grapefruit. Lame. 
**I'm about half way through and I never knew I could love zombie literature so so much. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this pic of you and Georgia! You look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I like to hear all of the beautiful things you have to say.