Snow Day Thoughts

Sunday, November 11, 2012


Is it just me or does Halloween feel like it was both 2 seconds ago and 2 years ago? I keep thinking that I JUST took down my spooky decorations and that there is NO WAY my mom's ornament party is this weekend. In the same breath, it has been snowing continuously here for the past 48 hours. It's a freaking winter wonderland out there and I'm so confused since the day before it started dumping snow, it was 70 degrees outside.

I'm okay with the snow today though. Only because it means that I get to watch Georgie stand on the couch and look out the window in nothing but her diaper. She's been ooing and "whoa-ing" at the snow plows in our parking lot all morning. That's living, folks.

Here's a little more of what's going on over here:

Making: Decorations for my sister-in-law's "Little Pumpkin" baby shower on Tuesday. It's more of a fall-themed girl's night out than a baby shower (per her request) but there WILL be decorating pumpkins to look like someone at the shower and LOTS of autumn food. The snow can't take our spirit away from us!
Oh... I'm also making my ornament for said ornament party.

Reading: Well, I just finished reading The Devil in the White City which was about America's first serial killer.  Not the greatest true crime I've ever read, but interesting anyway. I think I'm going to pick up J.K. Rowling's The Vacancy next.

Eating: Soup. Lots and lots of soup. I love that I can throw stuff in a pot for 5 minutes and pretend like I'm really good at making dinner.

Thankful for: Scott, who apparently saved up to get me a hotel stay for a night with my best friend. Scott's kind of a notoriously random gift-giver but this random gift was a win plus 1 million. Anna and I pretty much did nothing but eat really good pizza and sit in a hot tub... and that's exactly what we wanted.

Watching: Psych. I missed pretty much the entire last season so I've been cracking up on my treadmill all over again. Sure, I usually guess the murderer, but I never predict what facial expression Gus is going to pull out.

Looking forward to: Going to Disney on Ice with Scott on Wednesday and then to visit my family! What a great/busy week ahead. I am so blessed.

1 comment:

  1. "Sure, I usually guess the murderer, but I never predict what facial expression Gus is going to pull out."

    haha Too true, too true

    ReplyDelete

I like to hear all of the beautiful things you have to say.