(From left to right)
1. First, I had Georgia crawl over something super sharp and dangerous at the park and get a hole in the top of her new-ish shoes. Don't freak out- I didn't really put her up to it. Then, I realized that I didn't want these shoes to go to waste, so I decided to dye them with tea.
2. Then, I got some Earl Grey Black Tea on sale.
3. I cut off the tea tags with those scissors on that counter.
4. I brought about 10 tea bags to a boil
5. I turned down the heat to barely a simmer and I dumped in the shoes, one at a time.
6. I made sure they were fully submerged.
7. Then I flipped them over and left them there for about an hour while I watched House on Hulu.
8. I pulled them out when I thought they were going to be the right color, keeping in mind that the color will fade with washes. Then, I rinsed them in the sink until the water ran clear.
9. After they dried, I gave Georgia her "new" shoes and she was pleased because fashion is important to her.