Ticket Bookmarks

Saturday, September 17, 2011

You know when you go to a really good concert/sports event/movie/play and afterwards you have the ticket and you know you SHOULD probably throw it away because what the heck are you going to do with it anyway? But you just can't seem to part with it so instead you stick it in the bottom of your wallet/purse/diaper bag and wait for it to collect rips and unknown gooey stuff before you find it and throw it away? And if you're anything like me, you get kind of, well, SAD that you didn't DO something with it.

I had some tickets like that. Except, I kept them neat. And I liked the way they looked. So I made bookmarks out of 'em


And you know what? I USE them! And I LOVE them! And they were EASY!

I "laminated" my tickets in packaging tape, punched a hole in the top, and then add whatever ribbon I felt like.

I think it would be fun to tie some yarn with beads or something too.

Anyway. That's what I did on Friday night. That, and re-organized my kitchen. It's a glamorous life I lead, let me tell you.

5 comments:

  1. This is a EXCELLENT idea! Going to do this with my tickets. I also made a collage poster of the tickets I saved.

    XOXO,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This = awesome idea.
    And I love your glamorous life and your glamorous self.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:44 PM

    Hi,
    I'm new to your blog (and blogging in general) I just wanted to let you know that 1) your family is adorable and 2) this bookmark idea is brilliant!
    Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, but what if you're using one has you read a really mediocre book, and instead of reading, you find yourself wishing you were watching Arsenic and Old Lace?

    Also, I can't help but notice that you listed "sports event" as a ticket possibility. I love both the vagueness and the fact that all your tickets seems to be for live theatre. "Sports event" indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Val- upon further investigation, you will find that one of those tickets was to a Mariner's game.

    And I have had the problem you mentioned :)

    Trinketsandtalmud: Welcome! Happy to have you here.

    ReplyDelete

I like to hear all of the beautiful things you have to say.