St Patrick's Day & Butter Beer Recipe

Friday, March 18, 2011

So, outside of wearing green, the only real St. Patrick's Day tradition Scott and I have is eating corned beef and cabbage with potatoes.


Last year, I made some green cupcakes last minute, and this year Anna told me she was making Butter Beer (Harry Potter style) for the holiday and I decided, last minute, to follow suit. I served mine cold so there was hardly any carbonation left so it just tasted like a butterscotch milkshake but I had no problem with that.


Butter beer is diabetes in a sip, but SO WORTH IT! Here's the recipe from Food Network.
I made mine cold, but you can always leave it warm. Because mine was cold, I wanted to add an extra-thick cream. You can find that recipe here. You're welcome.

3 comments:

  1. YES! I've been wanting this recipe! Thank you!

    Also, I'm listening to "Rent" right now, which I haven't done in YEARS, but I thought it was fitting that I was reading your blog simultaneously. You and I and Rent is a blast from the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, your blog looks really good!

    I've always wondered how to make butter beer, so thanks for posting the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. food looks delish. Anyone who drinks butter beer is a cool person in my book. I have tried two different recipes. One with Cream Soda and actual melted butter... it was weird, and then an alcoholic version made with butterscotch schnapps. I will have to try this recipe. It looks really good.

    ReplyDelete

I like to hear all of the beautiful things you have to say.