Shoving off the list

Wednesday, March 2, 2011


You know that list of really important things that you never get around to because it seems like a whole lot of energy? Oh come now, you know what I'm talking about: registering the car, calling that company about that bill, starting that new project, catching up on late homework or extra credit, etc, etc, etc.

If you're like me, you'll go weeks with this daunting list looming over you every morning. That list gnaws at your gut every time you have a spare moment. You will do something, anything to distract yourself from that list.

At my internship, I talk to troubled youth everyday and I tell them: "If you just be patient, go through the steps, and take care of this now, you'll save yourself a whole lot of drama later."

Today, I wondered why I had not taken my own advice.

So today, I checked everything off of my list.

Now, the only thing I'm wondering is: "what do I do tomorrow?" Let me tell you, I have a new, pleasant list.

I have a lot of current opportunities going on right now to let my creative juices flow. I have a lot of opportunities to reach out to people around me. Opportunities to smile, to laugh, to create adventure. I feel like I am breathing a new air.

I guess the point is this: if you are still waking up with an extra knot in your shoulders due to some annoying list, I am offering you my full-fledged support to stretch it out and get it done. Take it from a friend: you'll find the happiness you're seeking so much faster if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to hear all of the beautiful things you have to say.