Still Raging

Thursday, September 16, 2010


You know what makes me mad?
I just found out that a bunch of people in my Child Welfare class read The Child Called "It" in middle school. MIDDLE SCHOOL! Like, 12 and 13 year old babies. I had a hard time swallowing that book, and I have to read some pretty crazy stuff being a social work major. But what makes me mad is that these kids read The Child Called "It" where a mother makes her 5 year old child eat his own vomit, but they're not allowed to read HUCK FINN.

... banned books make me maaaaad.

You know what ELSE makes me mad? The food industry. Because it's summer, I usually buy my groceries at the farmer's market, but the other day I went into the grocery store for the first time since I watched Food Inc. I almost passed out. I felt so lied to and angry.

...pant...pant...

...

Mostly, I hate breast cancer.

And when I find out it has attacked someone in my family.

7 comments:

  1. AMEN!!!
    xoxo,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS POST. not that fact that you had to write about those unfortunate things... but the fact that you said it. and it's out there. you go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Our teacher read The Child called It to us in 5th grade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie - I'm so sorry someone in your family has breast cancer. What terrible news. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Food and stores ALWAYS make me mad so if you ever need to vent you know who to email!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with this so much! Crazy to think I read that book because my friend suggested it... I was 12... it was too much, i had nightmares for awhile after.

    ReplyDelete

I like to hear all of the beautiful things you have to say.