Made it Monday: Tulle Hair Bow

Monday, October 29, 2012



While getting Georgia dressed, I discovered that I didn't have any white hair bows. Seems like the white ones ALWAYS get lost. I dove into my craft disaster in search of some white felt or fabric and discovered I didn't have any... which was so odd. What I did have, however, was a bunch of white tulle.

Anyway, I thought I'd try my hand at making a hair bow out of THAT and I was pretty pleased with how it looks and how easy it was. I love when that happens- it's a rare thing over here.


I took a piece of tulle 6" wide by 15" long. Folded it in half length wise, then folded it length wise again. Then I folded it in half "hamburger style." Then, I folded it so the two ends met in the middle. I pinched it with my fingers and took a long piece of tulle (about 1" by 15") and wrapped it around the middle. Added a dab of glue on the back and threw in an alligator clip. 

I had a hard time deciding between leaving it nice and folded or cutting the ends to look fluffy.



No matter what, you can't go wrong once you put it on a cute baby.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Visiting from tt&j! What a cute bow! And such a great tutorial! Ill have to remember this for my little princess! Love it!

    If you get a chance I would love for you to share this at my Friday link party! http://www.thegrantlife.com/2012/11/financial-friday.html

    ReplyDelete

I like to hear all of the beautiful things you have to say.