Is it very 13 year-old-girl of me to have seen this little 11 question survey be passed around and have my chest get all tight when I read the end of the post to see if I was tagged next? I really wanted to be tagged. Because I love lists. So thank you, Liz, for tagging me in your cool group. Blogging is weird.
1. Post these rules
2. Post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions provided by the one who tagged you
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag
5. Tag 11 people
11 RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME:
1. I don't like the show Glee.
2. I still struggle with Prop 8 and am secretly glad it was ruled unconstitutional but can't explain why in a clear and effective way- so don't ask me about it or I will change the subject.
3. I would rather buy a book than borrow a book, because even if I don't like it, I DO like to put it on my shelf and talk about it like a vacation I went on and didn't like. If I do like it, I like to put it on my shelf and talk about it like a vacation I went on and loved, and then I make everyone I know borrow it from me. I will probably never really use an ereader for this reason.
4. I see my mom as a home-decor icon.
5. You can tell I'm depressed if I have been crafting more than usual, or sleeping more than usual.
6. I believe that I can spoil my baby with no moral dilemma until she turns 1.
7. I listen to 97.9 FM which is a total mom radio station.
8. One of my biggest regrets in life was not taking advantage of the study-abroad programs in college when they were so cheap.
9. My favorite thing to do is check on Georgia to see in what position she fell asleep.
10. My fashion sense disappeared after I had a baby and stayed fat. Now, I wear whatever is comfortable.
11. If I could, I would eat sushi every day.
11 QUESTIONS LIZ ASKED ME:
1. What’s a quirky habit of yours? I stroke the ends of my hair like a kid with turrets just because I like soft things (yeah, like Lenny).
2. What was the last song you listened to? Love is the Answer by Weezer
3. If you had a weekend off to go wherever you wanted, where would you go? (Just the weekend!) To a warm beach. Any warm beach.
4. Describe your ideal self in seven words. At peace with the situation she's in.
5. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? I was sure I was going to own a restaurant. It was called "The Picnic Basket" and it had red and white checkered table cloths, and a slide from the building to the parking lot for kids.
6. Describe an awkward moment you experienced in college: I had a little crush on a guy that was a bit older than me when I was 19. I had tried flirting and dropping hints and he never asked me out so I left it alone. One day, I was really really sick and really tired but couldn't sleep because I was so sick. I took some Nyquil in the middle of the afternoon. About an hour later, this guy calls me up and asks me out. I was so excited and knew that I couldn't pass it up since it was so impossible to get him to notice me. He then told me he would pick me up in 45 minutes and that we were going canoeing so I had to wear my bathing suit. From what I can remember about the date, this guy was horribly immature. He "playfully" tossed me out of the canoe in murky, sick water, wrestled me to the GROUND in my BATHING SUIT, made fun of me for not beating him in the "race" to his car, and then took me out to ice cream and complained about the price the whole time. All while I was pretty much doped up on Nyquil at 4pm. Oh yeah, and the date was at 4pm on a weekday.
7. One of your greatest accomplishments in life so far: My immediate response to this question would be: "my daughter." Then I remember how long I was in college, so I want to say graduating. I did, however, give birth to my daughter and graduate from college within 2 weeks of each other, so I'm going to go ahead and say that time was the greatest accomplishment in my life.
8. If you could have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would you pick and why? Religiously, I would probably say Peter just because I have a lot of questions for him and because I love him dearly. Other than that, probably Darwin since his theories have left the world divided and I would want to know what his opinion is in 2012 about all of it. I also think he would be a pleasant person to chat with.
9. What is one event that fundamentally changed you forever? White water rafting in the summer of 2006. ... I should probably write about that...
10. If you could have one superhero power, what would it be and why? To fly. Obvious reasons. Is this not everyone's superhero wish?
11. You have the chance to spend a month in one major European city. ONLY ONE. Where do you go? London. I feel like London and I are two would-be lovers whose lives never matched up and if we had ever ran into each other at the right time we would have had a passionate romance. I would love to have a one month "we should have done this sooner" affair with London.
11 QUESTIONS I'M ASKIN':
1. If you had to choose a career completely different from the one you are currently in, what would you choose?
2. Name 3 things that terrify you
3. What is a television show you are embarrassed you sometimes watch?
4. What is one of your favorite blogs (leave a link)
5. What is something you have wanted to tell someone but have not been able to?
6. What is the last book you read and what is your opinion about it?
7. What is your favorite flower? Show us a picture of it
8. Who does everyone say you look like?
9. What is your favorite article of clothing?
10. Tell me about your family
11. What is your least favorite chore?
WHO I TAGGED