Five Guilty Pleasures

Thursday, October 6, 2011

We all have 'em. That song you hope no one hears you listening to, that bottle of canned cheese you hide in the back of your cupboard, those stained pajama's with the holes in the them no one on the outside world knows you have. Guilty pleasures. Perhaps Scott will be embarrassed that I am sharing these but...

Carrie Lynn's 5 Most Guilty Pleasures:


1. This song. I like to spout how much I hate Ke$ha and how she should go get some talent and real letters in her name... BUT. This song is on my play list. And I dance to it. A lot.



2. McDonald's. Sick, right? Hamburgers made out of like 50 cows? Gross! But I love it. Call it comfort food or something. You know what else I love? The Monopoly Game AT McDonald's. Yesterday, Scott and I got our first fast food combos in YEARS. And we put our little properties on our little game board. And we entered the property codes online. And Scott won a $10 EA game and like 150 Coke points. And it was so fun.


3. Bathrobes. Who even wears bathrobes anymore? Me. My roommates used to think this was the weirdest thing ever, but I have a problem with jumping right out of the shower into underwear and clothes. I hate how my sticky body acts like sensitive velcro with whatever I'm trying to put on. So I cozy up in a big, ugly bathrobe, make myself breakfast, check my email, and THEN get dressed.


4. The Real Housewives. Not all of them- just New York and New Jersey. I love seeing them throw tables and repeat "This isn't the time for the ******* place for this!" I don't know why I love it. But I do.


5. Zac Efron. There. I said it. But not in like a "ooo baby" sort of way. For some reason, I feel like I KNOW Zac Efron. Like we were in high school drama together and I watched him get his "big break." I love to watch Zac Efron movies because for some reason, I feel PROUD of him for "making it." Aaaaaand I may or may not find him incredibly good looking. Oh man. Did I just admit that? The skinny high school musical kid? Yup.

So there you have it. Bold and true. Please don't judge me.

9 comments:

  1. You are BRAVE! I don't think I could ever admit my 5 guilty pleasures to the whole world to know! :) keep up the awesome blog though, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when i was filling out a happy mail survey and it asked for my favorite places to eat, i put mcdonalds and felt embarrassed because i knew everyone else was like, "panera! starbucks! CUPCAKE CUPCAKE!" and really, i just love mcchicken sandwiches. or chicken nuggets. or a mother fudging big mac, okay?! don't tell my mom. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be honest. Every year Lucas and I try to win Monopoly at McDonalds and Scrabble at subway. I also love bath robes and I HATE putting on my unders right away! I love you. I'm glad your back to blogging. You entertain me something fierce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie. I love you. Also, I have a big fat crush on Zac Efron. And I don't get crushes on people I don't know! Ever! But I'll admit it: I watched Charlie St. Cloud all by myself and thought about it all day afterward.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this list! Especially about Zach... So Amazingly honest!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. We totally share the Zac Efron love. I have the exact same feelings...like "Good for you, Zac! You made it! We all knew you would!" One time a few years ago, I had a dream that we WERE in a class together, and ever since then, I have to keep reminding myself that we're not ACTUALLY friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WAIT A MINUTE! HOLD THE FREAKING PHONE! You forgot to mention The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, and Bachelor Pad.

    Yep, I just outed you. (Though you've talked about them before on your blog, so it's no secret... but TOTALLY a guilty pleasure. For me, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel no guilt at all for watching any of the Bachelor series, Miss Darcy. That stuff is just plain gold.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, I sort of don't believe in guilty pleasures, because I'm all, whatever, I own loving gallons of coke and Twilight and eating fun sized snickers in church. But, there is one thing that I do feel pretty embarrassed about: I love McDonald's. It's disgusting, and I loooove it. I hate myself for eating there, I hate everyone else in line, and the way I feel afterward, but, man alive, I love one (or three) of those little cheeseburgers.
    Oh, and Sandra Bullock movies.
    Humiliating.

    ReplyDelete

I like to hear all of the beautiful things you have to say.