Some Things That Make Me Happy: A Brain Dump

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

1. My family came into town and we went shopping. We went more than shopping. We were shopping non-stop for 12 hours. I think there should be another word for what we did besides "shopping." For now, we shall call it "extreme shopping." There are no soles lefts on the bottom of my feet. I already miss my family. I took no pictures because I was just so happy to be with them.

2. I bought myself five maternity tops. I had no idea what a difference actual maternity tops would make. Honestly, the feeling of clothes that fit make me so happy! I am no longer oozing out of my outfits.

3. For the baby, Madre bought this:

It is our little girl's first outfit. I can't stop staring at it.

4. I know it's not even March yet, but this is our "wreath" on our door, and it makes me smile every time I come home.



5. I am in the middle of a big home decor project. Should be done this week, and I'm excited to post it! It feels so nice to be crafty again.

6. My mom and I made a banana peanut-butter-frosting cake that was three layers, lopsided, a little doughy in the middle, and ultimately really good. Someone PLEASE come over and finish it off for me! I shouldn't be eating it!

7. The fact that my friend Sarah just came over on her lunch break- and ate some of said cake.


9. I made this diaper bag but I use it as a giant purse:


10. In an effort to make friends, I am putting myself out there on Sunday and starting a book club in my apartment building. This book club is my slightly desperate route to make friends.
Sunday I'm planning on knocking on everyone's door (there are only 8 apartments in my complex), inviting them to read The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo next month, and handing them an invitation to a discussion about it on the last Saturday of March. Part of me questioned if I should do this because maybe the people in my complex don't like to read, or don't like book clubs. But my response to that was I don't really want to be friends with people who don't like books.

11. In an effort to keep my old friends closer to me, I am having a "Bachelor Party" at my house for the season finale of the Bachelor. You are invited if you want to come.

12. I'm planning on hanging out with my nieces on Thursday.

13. I have been sleeping great lately.

14. I got a cute candle set at Ikea for like $5 and they make my apartment have a sophisticated ambiance that makes me want to drink more tea.


15. I just finished reading Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells and it was a beautiful, funny, and touching. I laughed, I cried. You should read it.

16. I won a giveaway! I won this cowl and I'm so pleased because I have been wanting a cowl all winter. And yes, it may be semi-spring around here but mother nature is on her period and is having intense mood swings lately, so I think I will need this still.

Chunky Infinity Scarf Cowl

17. Oh yeah, and Scott felt the baby kick this weekend. It was magic.

If you made it through this, good for you. I have been wanting to brain-dump here for a while. I think I am going to be happier and more productive and able to blog more. It's been a weird two months, but I think I'm back.

2 comments:

  1. YOU make me happy. I love this. Thank you for uplifting me. Like...ALL the time. And I melted at your lil bug's first outfit. I wanna squeeze her! I can't wait to meet her. =)

    Also, your "wreath" is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun post! Made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete

I like to hear all of the beautiful things you have to say.