On fashion blogs

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Here's the thing about fashion blogs: I don't understand them.
That's not to say that I don't understand people who LOVE fashion blogs- sure I do! One of my best friends, Brandilyn is a fashion blogger herself! You know. Because she owns a clothing store.
I feel the same way about ElsieCake- she owns a clothing store = can talk about fashion (although, I can't read that blog everyday either- but that's a whole other post).

Maybe I'm just a weird, self conscious person, but usually when I see something posted on the internet by some proclaimed expert, I'm looking for something that's going to blow me away. And quite frankly, most of the fashion blogs I've looked at out there are one or more of the following:

A.) Clothes that only look good on women who are size -0
B.) Clothes that are far too revealing to get away with a "quick trip to the grocery store"
C.) Clothes that are wrinkled
D.) Clothes from Salvation Army that should have stayed at Salvation Army
E.) Clothes from Nordstrom/Anthro/Some other ridiculously expensive place that everyone says is "sooooo cute" simply because of where it's from
F.) 6+ horrible, horrible poses in 6+ pictures of the same outfit

Honestly, I'm trying to find a good fashion blog, here, folks. The only one I follow and actually take ideas from is Cats & Cardigans.

So, any help, here guys? Are there any fashion blogs out there that don't have A-F within them?

Truly, I'd like to be proved wrong in my irritation. HELP!

4 comments:

  1. This was hilarious. :) I'm not really into fashion blogs cause they mostly seem pretty self-indulgent to me, and everyone has different fashion senses anyway, right? And then there's the whole $900 dress/size 0 thing! Ugh.

    So mostly I just stick to more personal blogs that I find more entertaining. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right?! See. The lack of comments tells me fashion blogs are what I think they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What stores do you prefer??? I am just curious :) I do enjoy looking through the stores you listed... but I only buy when its on sale and something I really like... Or I will go through and gather ideas to make it myself via a target or salvation find!! I enjoy the blog linked below she does similar things and has some good ideas... though it's not your traditional fashion blog.
    thevelvetbird.blogspot.com

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lurker here..
    but clothed much has a mormon fashion blogger directory.
    http://www.clothedmuch.com/p/mormon-fashion-bloggers.html

    google cupcakes and cashmere and bjones style. both really awesome fashion blogs.

    ReplyDelete

I like to hear all of the beautiful things you have to say.