His Birthday Weekend

Monday, September 27, 2010

And now, pictures from Saturday.

Welcome to Ghost Town Bannack, Montana, USA









My husband is a year and three weeks younger than me. Those three weeks are awful. For three weeks people always seem to ask us how old we are and for three weeks I have to say I'm 25 and he's 23. But not today, folks. Because yesterday, Scott turned 24.

I'm not going to lie, because his birthday was on a Monday, it wasn't super exciting. He worked from 10 to 6 with no break and then raced the sunset golfing with a friend. I was supposed to be home cleaning the house and making some super-wife dinner, but by the time I got home from the grocery store (which was incredibly stressful) and did my homework (also stressful) and looked at just how messy my house was (even more stressful), I took a nap.

Which was bad. Because when Scott got home I was in near tears. I was so ashamed! It was his BIRTHDAY and I took a NAP!

So we went to Applebee's. And it was good. We usually go see a movie on our birthdays (because it's a free ticket), but Scott didn't want to see Easy A or The Other Guys so we went home.

When we got back, I threw a pumpkin pie in the oven. A walnut-sugary-topped pumpkin pie that instantly gave us diabetes.

Some friends came over and that was that.

Scott said he wasn't horribly upset with me about his actual birthday because he had such a fun weekend camping at the ghost town. This made me feel like I wasn't such a lame-loser-wife.

He was also pretty excited about his small presents. You've never seen a kid so happy about a new harmonica, a new Weezer CD, A choose your own adventure book, Pac-Man pajama's and 12 packs of gum.

I feel like the above list of gifts gives you a pretty clear picture of who Scott is.

He's the best.

3 comments:

  1. That ghost town looks amazing! Looks like so many pictures opportunities! Glad you had fun and Happy Birthday to your Hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I'd been near he also would have received a good sturdy pair of socks with a package of Winter-Green Lifesavers. That is my traditional Scott gift, one that always seemed to be appreciated. Good man, love that guy. So glad you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really, really like your chair picture. happy birthday to your hubs! :)

    ReplyDelete

I like to hear all of the beautiful things you have to say.