"Motivation is simple. You eliminate those who are not motivated.”

Thursday, May 27, 2010

-Lou Holtz


You know those weeks you go through in sort-of a cloudy, half-motivated haze? When you look at your list of things to do, and with every intention of doing them, take a three-hour overwhelmed nap instead?

I once heard it described as driving your car after someone else has driven it. You can still get from point A to point B, but the review mirror is all messed up, and the steering wheel is all wrong, and it takes days to get your seat back to where you like it.

That's been my week. I don't know what it is, but I've been so TIRED lately! I told Scott, it's like I'm tired in the core of my body. Like, something deep inside is always wanting to sleep. I don't know why, but it's getting on my nerves. And I know that perhaps excersise would help, but I don't excersise because, well, I'm too tired.

And the cycle continues.

Anyway, I wish I knew how to snap out of it. Maybe the fact that I haven't done one crafty-ish thing this week is what is making me feel like a slug.

...I need to hot glue something.

2 comments:

  1. Quick! Get this woman some acrylic paint! Or some scrapbook supplies!

    Dear Carrie, I hope you aren't pregnant...not that I wouldn't welcome a baby Chapman, but I just know that you guys are in your final semesters of school and that would NOT be easy. I also hope you don't have mono, although it doesn't sound like it.

    It DOES, however, sound like you're suffering the effects of it being nearly JUNE, and the sun still not making any permanent appearance. I begin to feel down in my bones that we shall never see summer again, and THAT makes me sit around and watch Monster Quest, rather than cross things off my to-do list. Perhaps the weather's still creeping into your marrow.

    I think that's it. You don't have mono or a baby. You have cloud-bones.

    You need acrylic paint AND a tanning bed.

    ReplyDelete

I like to hear all of the beautiful things you have to say.