Wednesday, December 16, 2009



So, last night I was watching Hairspray for the millioneth time while I was doing my laundry. Scott was doing homework in the other room, and told me that he would occassionally hear me burst out in random laughter or sing along to whatever song was playing. By the end though, I was so wrapped up in the film, that I sat amidst the new folded towels and underwear without making a peep. After the movie was over, I realized that I was totally elated and had never felt better! I was amazed that a musical I had seen countless times would still have this effect on me. As I thought about it, however, I realized that there are actually a handful of movies that DO leave me feeling that way:

Ten Movies That Make Me Terribly Happy
(no matter what)

1. Disney's Peter Pan
2. Hairspray
3. Finding Neverland
4. Newsies
5. Juno
6. Elf
7. Any Muppet Movie
8. Take the Lead
9. The Italian Job
10. Finding Nemo
An extension of my list might include Lost in Yonkers, Legally Blonde, and Where the Wild Things Are but I haven't watched them enough to know if they would have the same effect on me as my above 10.
Judge me how you might, but when I watch these movies I can't help but laugh out loud, sing a long or cry tears of joy and feel great for hours afterwards.
(A brief side note to the point of this blog: I really do LOVE the movie Hairspray! It's the only time I can stand Amanda Bynes (who I adore as Penny) and the only time I ever thought Queen Latifah did a good job in a film. And I can't help but have a 15 year old crush on Zach Efron everytime I watch it. As in, if I were 15, I would have BOP! posters of him as Link Larkin hung up in my locker).

1 comment:

I like to hear all of the beautiful things you have to say.